Prosthetic and orthotic services:
Occupational therapy services:
What is ‘AmputeeMatters’?
Amputee Matters describes the working co-operation between the Prosthetic, Physiotherapy and Occupational therapy practices at RehabMatters that have a special interest in Amputee Rehabilitation. We offer you access to a wide range of therapy services all at one location. Our therapists work as a close-knit, organised team focused on a patient’s individual needs.
We offer the following services:
- Initial consultation with prosthetist and/or physiotherapist to advise on prosthesis prescription, functional goals, and general muscle strengthening programs
- Prosthesis prescription, manufacturing and adjustments on-site at RehabMatters
- Gait rehabilitation and balance rehabilitation using the Biodex FreeStep Supported Ambulation System, Biodex Unweighing System and Gait Trainer and Biodex Balance System SD (www.biodex.com)
- Pain-management advice and treatment options
- Electrotherapy to stimulate healing, including Deep Oscillation® therapy and massage
- Sport-rehabilitation post-amputation
- On-site, secondary referrals to occupational therapy, biokinetics and psychology if necessary
- Regular check-ups to promote long-term satisfaction and achievement of high-level functional goals
How do I get an appointment with ‘AmputeeMatters’?
If your primary need is to investigate prosthetic limb options, please contact Grant Monaghan Orthotists, Prosthetists & Podiatrists
If you want to address your rehabilitation needs, please contact McCulloch, Harrison and Partners