Referrals in acute care hospitals
If you would like to request a referral to our rehabilitation team, or you would like to find out if our therapy team can provide treatment at an alternative hospital, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call+27 11 803 6649 and ask to speak to our rehab coordinator, Philip Avraam
Referrals to the our In-patient Neuromedical Unit
Referrals to our Neuromedical unit at Netcare Rosebank Hospital can be received from any acute hospital or care facility and require pre-authorisation from your medical aid funder. This requires the following steps to be completed:
- Referring doctor to contact Carine Wood on +27 11 328 0500 (ask for the Rehab Therapy Gym) to officially confirm your referral to our unit.
- A physical assessment for transfer purposes will be conducted by one of our clincial staff (for clients in the Johannesburg area) to deem whether admission to our unit is appropriate.
- If you are appropriate for in-patient rehabilitation, an assessment for transfer will be submitted to your medical aid to request authorisation for funding. Unfortunately, due to most medical aid’s internal processes, this can take 2-5 working days. Admission without medical aid authorisation can lead to you being held fully accountable for all costs.
- Transfer to our unit will be subject to the Infection Control policies and procedures of Rosebank Netcare Hospital
- Once authorisation for funding is granted and you are deemed medically ready for transfer, admission to Netcare Rosebank Hospital will be arranged.
- Privately funding patients are accepted on receipt of a deposit for both your anticipated hospital care and the therapy treatments. Please note that these accounts run independently of each other and accounts and payments cannot be combined.
Unfortunately we do not currently accept POLMED, GEMS, SPECTRAMED, SIZWE and SELFMED funded clients.